At the end of the WZA Online Challenge & Qualifier (WZAOC), athletes who did not finish in a qualifying spot have the opportunity to race against other eligible athletes to registration for WZA Miami.
Athletes must compete the WZAOC in its entirety (completing all workouts and submitting all scores and required videos, etc.) in order to be eligible to register for Open Registration. Once eligible, athletes have the opportunity to register on a first-come, first-serve basis for one of the limited spots.
The Open Registration dates for individuals & teams will be announced at a later date!
To be transparent, in years past, it has sold-out within seconds. While we don’t want anyone unhappy with the process, unfortunately not everybody is guaranteed a spot.
However, understanding the process is vital, so that you may increase your chances of securing a spot. Check out the how it works below.
First, who's eligible? To be eligible to register, the following criteria must be met:
- Indy Scaled & Beginner athletes who completed the WZAOC in its entirety are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Scaled or Beginner Indy divisions.
- Non-qualifiers in the Elite/Rx/Intermediate Individual, Master’s 45-49, Master’s 50+, & Teenager 16-18, are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Scaled or Beginner Indy divisions.
- Non-qualifiers in the Adaptive Rx divisions are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Adaptive Scaled divisions.
- Scaled & Beginner Co-Ed Team of 4 athletes who completed the WZAOC in its entirety are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Scaled or Beginner Team divisions.
- Non-qualifiers in the Elite/Rx/Intermediate team division are eligible to register for Open Registration in the Scaled or Beginner Team divisions.
*Athletes must have completed & submitted scores for all WZAOC WOD’s
**Athletes must have submitted the required videos prior to the video submission deadline.
If you met all of the above criteria, congrats, you’re eligible!
Next, is the process of physically registering.
You'll receive an email with specific instructions, a link & a code to sign-up.
This email will also tell you the specific date and time that registration will commence.
If you didn’t receive this email, it’s because unfortunately, you weren’t eligible.
If you attempt to access the link prior to the specific date, you’ll see a countdown, like this:
At 8PM ET on the dot, your page will automatically refresh and you may begin the registration process.
Steps to register:
- To get ahead of the game, before countdown timer ticks away, go to www.competitioncorner.net and sign in using your same account information for the online challenge.
- Then click on the registration link.
- Once registration opens, select your division and type in the unique passcode provided (remember it's case sensitive) in your email and click Proceed.
- By signing in beforehand the registration form will be pre-populate with most of the information you’ve already provided during the qualifiers, saving you time in completing the process.
- Register as quick as you can before it sells out!